About Xenia Compliance
‘Xenia’ is an ancient Greek concept that symbolises the courtesy, generosity and hospitality that a host shows their guest. We are committed, through our words and actions, to ethical conduct and always putting clients’ interest first. We aim to foster long-lasting client relationships and partnerships on the basis of mutual respect and trust. Our name, Xenia, is a constant reminder of our company values.
Xenia Compliance Consulting Pty. Ltd. was established by Xiaoshu Liu to provide organisations with practical and quality compliance solutions to ensure that they are compliant with their Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) obligations and the Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) related compliance requirements.
Xiaoshu is a passionate compliance professional who strongly believes that an ethical corporate culture combined with a robust compliance framework will significantly contribute to the long-term success of an organisation.
Xiaoshu has been working in financial services since 2007 and has succeeded in various roles relating to client services and operations before she discovered her passion for the compliance profession. She has since gained invaluable experience assisting AFS licensees with the establishment and implementation of compliance frameworks and operational procedures, to ensure they complied with the AFSL conditions, AML/CTF obligations and other regulatory requirements.
Xiaoshu’s commitment to education has significantly assisted her career progression. She completed her Master of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing at the Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security at Charles Sturt University in 2016. Her other qualifications include: Bachelor of Commerce (University of Sydney), Diploma of Applied Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (Australian Financial Markets Association & the International Compliance Association [UK]), ASX Derivatives Advisers Exams Levels 1 and 2, and RG146.
A combined operational and compliance background has given Xiaoshu a unique perspective on her approach to compliance solutions and training, which is to seek a long-term balance between the management of compliance and the commercial reality of an organisation.
For Xiaoshu’s industry insights and resources relating to AFSL and AML/CTF Compliance, take a look at our resources page here. Alternatively, click here to lock in an obligation-free virtual coffee with Xiaoshu.
Xiaoshu Liu, Founder & Director
- 2017 to date: Juris Doctor (part time) | Sydney University Law School
- 2014 – 2016: Masters of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing, Fraud and Financial Crime | The Australian Graduate School of Policing and Securities, Charles Sturt University
- 2014 – 2016: Diploma of Applied Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Management | the Australian Financial Markets Association & International Compliance Association (UK)
- 2008: ASX Accredited Derivatives Advisers Level 1 & 2 | Kaplan Education
- 2007: RG 146 (Generic, securities, foreign exchange and derivatives) | Finsia Eduation
- 2004 – 2006: Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Accounting) | University of Sydney